Thursday, August 30, 2007

Last Day at School


Friday, 10 August

On the last day that we taught at Heritage, we asked the children to make a list of "20 Things I Want to Do Before I am Old". This was probably the most challenging task they faced in our class. We gave our own examples: Rosie would like to climb Mt. Everest; I would like to go up in a hot air balloon. Predictably, the kids took to the task with an attitude of seriousness. When I read their papers, some items on their lists made me laugh; others touched my heart:

-- Sophia: I will born a baby girl; I will sew a dress; I will plant trees
-- Frank: I will be a driver; I want to read; I want to go to South Africa
-- Emelia: I want to build a house for my mother; I want to go to the zoo
-- Francis: First, if God help me to grow up, the thing I want to do is be a pastor. If somebody is sick and his mother come and tell me, I will pray for him and that person will get well.
-- Gladys: Tell a story to my children about my school
-- Bridget: I want to be an inventor to help cure AIDS
-- Lydia: I want to be a holy woman in Ghana; and to be the president wife in USA (Now there’s a wild ambition!!)
-- Laud: I want to turn desert into grassland and be an angel of God.


At the end of the last class, two students – Leticia and Louiza – handed Rosie and me thank you notes (see below).


May the Almighty God bless you people for teaching us so many things, Miss Rosie and Madam Bonnie. Thank you for your good advice you have given to us. Amen. By Leticia Koomson

Miss Rosie and Madam Bonnie, May the Almighty God blessed you for teaching us a good story and making us be happy in your class every day. Amen. By Louiza Bediako

These penciled words on lined paper will remain my fondest teaching memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home